Friday 21 January 2011

Monolingual = monotongue

An undisclosable source rolled over at the Chateau this morning and informed me that I had been yelling in Italian in my sleep. This is a relief because one if my greatest fears is that America will render me monotongue. Not good in a State where the driving is so bad that being able to source insults from three languages is an absolute plus - generally while they pause to scratch their head you can execute some kind of borderline legal maneuver, euro-style.  If I recall correctly, in my dream I was trying to book us a hotel in Rome, so then the shouting would make perfect sense.  And hopefully not too terrifying for my witness. It's the wild gesticulation I'm more worried about:  you can take the girl out of Sicily...

No comments:

Post a Comment