Thursday 19 May 2011

A Bad Case of the Europes...

I don't know what's wrong with me.  Maybe it's because it's raining non-stop in California.  But this is not the deal I signed up for.

This is:


So, I suppose you could say, I have a bad case of the Euorpes.  It's hot there.  Things are happening.  Songs are written about springtime in Paris for a reason...

Anyway, in a bid to recreate some of what I left behind, I found myself drawn to a small Paris-chic bistro.  All is well in the land of The Euro:

 Or so you think, until you look left...

Yes, that's right Ladies and Gentlemen, you can have your citron pressé and er, suck it up...

It then struck me, like it does so many things, that in fact, even at the (allegedly) hottest locations in Venice, you need to embrace the car park as a verified vista.  As if eating in a supermarket was not enough.


When I called America out on this, someone I respect told me it was normal.

To the victor belong the spoils...

No comments:

Post a Comment